Make sure you check out our calendar for an overview.
- Better Vintage Market. Details to come. Sunday 26th November 9am to 2pm.
- The Saxonwold Shebeen. Details to come. Monday 27th November 6pm to 8pm.
For freelancers and small businesses
- Planning your freelance career. For people not yet freelancing. Workshop with Judy and Andrew. 1 course, 3 evenings, 1 1/2 hours each, 6pm, 8th, 15th and 22nd November.
- FirstFreelancerFriday – Freelancer Social. 4pm, 3 hours, first Friday of every month.
- From First Draft to Finished Product. Presentation by Dane Bowman of the Staging Post on self-publishing. Tuesday 21 Nov, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, R100 (free for members).
- Regular writers’ tea. Exchange perspectives, inspiration and experiences with other writers and join in a communal writing exercise. 2 hours, 10am, every Friday.
- Shut up and write. Communal writing sessions (and cake) for nanowrimos and other writers. Every Tuesday afternoon in November, 2pm – 6pm, R100 (free for members).
- Slow Scholarship week. A week of leisurely scholarship reading, talking, thinking and writing. 5 days, 27 Nov – 1 Dec, 9am – 5pm.
For crafters, makers and tech-tinkerers
- Craft mornings. Informal gathering of crafters (and wannabe crafters) who come together to sew, knit, crochet, quilt and work on any craft. Tuesday mornings 9am – 12noon.
- So you want to learn to code? Introduction to the programmer’s world and how you can join it. 9:30am, 3 1/3 hours, enquire for next date.